Thursday, April 29, 2010

China Glaze High Hopes

Here's to trying to make myself feel better! This is a nice happy color, right? It tells me I should have high hopes about life. It's bright and pretty. Wait, why isn't it working?! =) Just kidding.

This is a really bright color. I didn't expect it to be that bright in real life, even though I've seen it that way in photos. The application sucks like a lot of the Up & Away polishes. Three annoying stringy but thick coats. Some bald spots are left after two so I think it really needs three. I should've thinned it before instead of after. 5 drops of Seche Restore did the trick.





Also, I've seen Zoya say their polishes are B3F and also camphor free. I never knew camphor was in polish because I never smelled it in there, but this baby smelled like Campho-Phenique so strongly. You know, the stuff used to numb cold sores and canker sores. I think Carmex has it in it too, which doesn't make sense if it's supposed to moisturize your lips. Camphor dries things out. That must be a way for them to keep your lips chapped so you keep buying it. But I digress.

3 comments:

  1. Really pretty.
    Love it,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Carmex and Blistex have both been accused of exactly that tactic for years. You got it in one.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails