Monday, June 28, 2010

Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Purple Pizzazz

I haven't been feeling very nail-y lately. Kinda uninspired. So here's something I just slapped on to keep my nails protected. This was sheer and needed 3 coats and would probably look even better with a fourth. I really hate these long and skinny brushes. It's hard to clean the polish off the stem and then a big drop comes while you're painting and ruins what you just did. Also when you stick the brush back in if you even scrape it against the rim the polish on the stem just spills over the sides. Anyway...


In the sun
Indoors under fluorescent. There's no VNL indoors like it looks here.

All in all it's a really pretty color. I have a dupe in mind and I'll be doing a comparison of those two here soon.

And just to make this post more positive here's a picture of a sleeping kitten.

8 comments:

  1. aw, wittle kitty! I was starting to wonder what was going on with the little guy. Too bad that polish was a little sheer cause its a really pretty purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it really is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitten envy, aaaargh!

    The purple is gorgeous but I refuse to deal with those damn brushes. Too many other pretty colors to deal with the frustrate. Did you hit on the Zoya exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hate the long ass brush stem, grr! No I didn't do the exchange this year...I'm saving up some old polishes for next year. I only had like 6 so I thought I'd wait til next year to do it when I have more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay Sandi, I lied. I just did the exchange after I found out you can donate your polish instead of sending it to Zoya. I couldn't resist the Sparkle collection. What about you, have you done it (tee hee)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did (11, only 1 over my self imposed limit. I kinda surprised myself with my restraint since these are my first Zoyas and they have so damn many beautiful and unique colors.) The only Sparkle I got though was Charla because I wanted to see just how 'glittery' it was (I'm OLD, even I have limits, lol). I had no idea that it was actually a whole new type of finish (to me at least) so now I'm wanting Mimi, Gilda and maybe Ivanka (as well as about 30 more non-Sparkles) and I am totally in love with Tess) I really need to become a Hindu goddess with at least four hands (and 20 nails). I don't want to be someone who just collects for the sake of having, I want to use them all, frequently! If taking polish off wasn't such a PITA and hard on natural nails, I think I'd change color at least twice a day instead of the once a day I do now.

    What's up with 'donate' as opposed to send in?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Zoya has AWESOME colors. I got 4 of the Sparkles, Ivanka, Mimi, Charla and Nidhi. Tess is cool too.

    Well the donate thing, I read about here http://mysimplelittlepleasures.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-zoya-exchange-haul.html. It starts at #2. I guess you can just donate them to the Salvation Army etc. if you don't want to send them in and you don't need proof of donation. I'm going to do that instead of having to send in my polishes. It also says you can do this at anytime, they send out your polish even if you haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for next year and spread word to friends since shipping to Zoya wasn't cheap.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails